Head Office, Wespelaar (Haacht) - Belgium
The Electrical Project Engineer is the central contact point in the organization for all electrical design of the Waterleau plant.
- You define and calculate the electric needs and design the electric installations
- You make a selection for instrumentation of the Waterleau projects both in the commercial as in the engineering and construction phase
- Feasibility design and cost calculation of projects in the pre-sales phase
- Evaluation and negotiation of the quotations related to electrical design
- You verify electric drawings from subcontractors and suppliers
- You supervise and control the electric works with project managers, client and contractors. Based on experience and expertise, you formulate solutions for each problem.
- You work with the engineering and process team and you steer a team of CAD designers for detailed designs of electric drawings
- You supervise the electric wiring during start-up and commissioning and prepare the As Built documentation where needed
- Prepare tender documents in relation to electrical aspects, as supporting element towards Procurement.
- Strive continuously for cost reduction of components and their arrangements
- Support the project managers with the correct deliverables for the project
Required Skills and Experience
- Engineering degree with experience in a similar role
- Fluent in English and Dutch as well verbally as in writing. French is a plus
- Strong knowledge about electric design techniques and instrumentation
- Strong electrical background and knowledge of materials
- Ability to interact with and comprehend mechanical designs
- Very proficient in regulations and electrical calculations
- Analytical profile, detailed, quality seeker
- Team player, hands-on, capable of working under pressure and prepared to travel