Solutions Integration Engineer
The Solutions Integration Engineer is the lead technical resource for the delivery of services and solutions enabling customers to leverage the core fundamental technologies developed by Waterleau Group. The Solutions Integration Engineer typically interacts with customer technical staff, operation managers, service engineers and other groups within the service delivery organization to deliver assessments (‘AS-IS’), designs (‘TO-BE’) and implementations linked to OT/IT networks and virtualization solutions to allow the integration with the Waterleau Cloud products and services.
The Solutions Integration Engineer will become an expert in customer support to support the integration of the Waterleau Cloud solutions, covering hardware, software, network, and cloud technologies. The ideal candidate will have experience in computer networks, understanding cloud concepts, troubleshooting, data collection, and/or distributed control/HMI systems. They will work with business and technical stakeholders to understand the software functionality and create detailed documentation for support and training needs. Must be organized and able to successfully manage multiple requests and projects with shifting and/or growing job responsibilities. Must be able to think out of the box.
- Perform hands-on network assessments, implementations, and technical support for the design of data acquisition towards Cloud services for a variety of customers installations and assets.
- Perform configuration of small to medium sized gateways and virtualization solutions.
- Define and create an impact analysis when capturing data (collection) is enabled and send to the Waterleau Cloud Services.
- Provide Technical Sales support linked to OT network services and solutions.
- Handle outages and provide support for hardware/gateway problems in distributed customer locations.
- Troubleshoot software issues and complex issues related to a combination of software, hardware, and firmware. Write and deliver quality bug reports.
- Track and manage incidents. Regularly report to stakeholders regarding open tickets (incident management), etc.
- Write detailed documentation which includes user needs, system specifications, observed issues with remediation recommendations or implementation requirements to develop or modify network and cloud services.
- Work with multiple technical teams to understand upcoming changes and define and document the impact. Work together with the customer to implement the change requests.
- Deliver best practices and improvements with current and future product offerings.
- Ability to communicate at lower (technical) and higher (management) level.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal communications, organizational and written/verbal communication skills.
- Hands-on experience configuring OT equipment and virtualization solutions (Cisco, VMware, etc.).
- Experience in creating part number level bills of material for simple and complex network solutions.
- Minimum of 3+ years as OT Network Engineer, or related jobs
- Previous experience working as part of a large, multi-disciplinary team completing full project/product life-cycle implementations.
- Demonstrate strong analytical, problem solving, and interpersonal skills required.
- Demonstrate an ability to influence and guide team members when required.
- Exposure to Industrial Control Systems including PLC, HMI/SCADA, plant historian, motor control, motion control, etc.